Monday, April 24, 2017

Pills

1. 2. 3. 4.
With the cold water rushing down my throat
The pain to much its finally come to this.

5. 6. 7.
How many will it take to get these feelings to go away.

8. 9. 10.
My cheeks burn with tears rushing slowly down them.

11. 12. 13. 14. 15.
Still no change.
My rib cage cracks with every breath.

16. 17. 18.
I can't take this waiting.

Loosing count, I swallow as many as I can get down.

I wait...and wait until it finally comes.

The numbness rushes over my whole body.

I slip into a slow, motionless sleep.

All my feelings and emotions fade away.

Further and further away from everything around, I sleep.

"It's over," I think to myself until my alarm goes off and the sun peeks through my window.

I cry...

3 comments:

  1. Sad and powerful ending... I hope this isn't based upon personal experience. Do you know anyone who has attempted this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This and many of the other pieces I have written are based on my personal experiences over the years....

      Delete